Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 8

Today my town is kind of like a little island. It's been raining here, but warm and all this snow from the mountains managed to melt and flood every single route out of town. This isn't exactly unheard of, but it doesn't happen too often.

My picture today is from one of the bridges looking out at the flooded river. One of the things that I don't like about people posting this kind of thing is that there is no point of reference. Sure, it's a lot of water, but how much water is there normally?



Unfortunately, this bridge isn't normally closed, so I can't generally go out and get a picture. I do have one that I took in October. The angle isn't quite the same, but you might get some idea of how high the river normally is - or at least how wide.


You might just have to take my word for it. The river is about 8 feet over flood stage, so it's a bit more water than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment