Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 47

When we moved, we heard that the cable provider out here was not really all that great. We figured that the easiest and least expensive thing to do would be to give the cable a shot.

I should have realized it wasn't a match made in heaven on the day they came out (at the last possible moment of our four hour window) and the guy cruised on over to the neighbor's house all the while telling me that he'd be right there.

So I waited and watched the time when I needed to leave to take my son to preschool get closer and closer. Finally he shows up and I need to go. I tell him I'll be back in about an hour and he's like, no it just takes 15 minutes, we'll have to reschedule. Um, no. So I was late to preschool.

On top of that, when we moved into the house our cable box had been hit (probably by the moving van of the people moving out). He noticed our box was destroyed, looked at it and never said a thing. I thought, oh they'll come fix it. Um, no.

But the capper was when we started getting really terrible reception. I'm talking, "gee, shouldn't you get new rabbit ears" reception. I figured it was the destroyed box and exposed cables, but a chat with my friends out in the area revealed that we weren't the only ones.

It was time for a change. DirecTV had been advertising quite a bit, so I looked into it and discovered that for just $2 extra a month we could get so much more. The decision was easily made.

We signed up a couple of weeks ago and the installation was today. The pic of the day is of the box in our bedroom.


The absolute final nail in the coffin - no Lost or The Office last week. Lost was a big black nothing, and The Office was unintelligible lines.

I'm never looking back! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment