Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 309

The boys and I spent the morning running some errands and the last stop before heading home for lunch was at the craft store for mom's beading project. It was supposed to be a pretty quick trip since craft stores and little boys don't get along.

When we got back to the car after a successful stop, I realized I was missing something really important.

Two things were going on when I'd parked the car. One was that I was talking on the phone. The other was that it was pouring down rain, and I didn't want to try to wrestle two little boys and car seats and talking on the phone all at the same time. The new stereo we bought a couple of weeks ago has integrated Bluetooth, so I waited with the accessories for the car on (keeping the Bluetooth connection) until the conversation was over.

The problem is that when I got out of the car (preoccupied with the rain), I forgot to turn off the accessories and put my keys in my purse. I let little Matt lock the doors like he asks to and was promptly locked out.

Of course, it was easily resolved with a 90-minute sidetrack waiting for grandma, driving up to dad's work and coming back with the second set of keys. The boys were troopers because they didn't have lunch until after we were back in our own car. Paul said he was starving, and Matt piped up with "hungry".


No comments:

Post a Comment