Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 170

I'm pretty excited because today in the mail I received a fun package!

I entered a beading contest called
Use the Muse and the kit showed up today. The challenge of the contest is to take a kit and use the components to make a piece of wearable art. The only real guideline is that you have to use the secret component and incorporate it into your design. When I read it was a Lillypilly piece, then I knew this was the contest for me.

I'm actually pretty nervous about it because there is not a lot of time to come up with a design and create it. The contest ends on July 18th, and with my hubby out of town for several weeks, it's going to be very hard for me to find time to do this, but I'm going to try.
I've already started sketching out some ideas. It might end up being a fun piece just for me that I complete six years down the road. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment