Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Day 69

I love fresh pineapple! Up until a few years ago I would have never considered actually buying a pineapple and cutting it up. There were too many unknowns. I didn't think I'd be able to figure out how to cut it and have it not look like it travelled through the shredder.

For some reason I got the idea in my head to give it a shot. I just followed the directions on the label. It really wasn't that bad.


I cut off the top and bottom. Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise. Then I take that half and cut it in half again lengthwise. So then I'm down to one quarter of a pineapple. I slice off the top of the wedge to get out the portion of the chewy core remaining. I cut the remainder up in three long wedges. Then I cut off the skin and slice up the pieces.


It's a bit labor intensive, but really only takes about 5-8 minutes depending on your interruptions. The hardest part is if you have any cuts on your hands. Imagine paper cuts and lemon juice and you're just about there. Unfortunately, my hands are covered in abrasions today, so it was a bit uncomfortable.

My boys also love pineapple, so it's a treat for all of us. There's nothing better than real fruit.

I was actually going to use a different picture today, but I didn't think it worked out. It turns out I wasn't quite right. You can check out one shot if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment