Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 221

Back-to-school is just around the corner, so my oldest and I went school supply shopping this morning. What an interesting adventure!

I misunderstood the ad at the store I thought we'd buy his supplies, so Target got most of our business. Then after several stores and a check on the website, I discovered that Crayola does not make 10-count washable markers. They make 10-count regular markers, and 8-count washable ones. We went with the 8-count because I figured I wanted washable over pen count.

None of the package sizes were quite right. They wanted 24 pencils, but they came in packages of 10. I could get 24, but those were $2.50 while the packages of 10 were .10ea. I figure the 6 extra pencils might make up for the missing pens.

It took a couple of hours, but Paul was really quite good the whole time. I think he liked having that one-on-one time, and he's pretty excited about starting school.

Oh, and I almost forgot my kudos for Target. I had to buy 6 packages of markers, and the sign said $1.50ea. They rang up at $2ea, so I figured I must have read the sign wrong. I decided to go back to check on it, and sure enough, the sign said $1.50 but it expired yesterday. I took it to the gal to show her I wasn't crazy and she actually credited me back the difference. I was pleasantly surprised!



No comments:

Post a Comment