Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 242

It seems like I talk about books a lot, but I mention this one because I finally finished it and it's only taken me about 2 1/2 months. It's Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, and it's a really good book about censorship.

It was written more than 50 years ago, and has a lot of very relevant stuff to say about technology and how we can end up using it to busy ourselves with stimulation and not take the time to question and think.

It's actually a very easy read and less than 200 pages. The reason why it took me so long is I've been working on other things and have been getting to bed later than I should. So when I'd pick it up, I'd make it about a page or two before I was fighting to keep my eyes open.

I actually cracked my brother up, who originally mentioned the book to me, by telling him I had about a page and a half left. He thought it was pretty humorous that I could be that close to the end and just decide to save it for another day.

I really recommend this book. It's interesting to think about. I didn't do it justice with my description, so check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment