Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 236

It was a beading night for me tonight. Several months ago, I discovered one of the jump rings on my favorite bracelet needed to be fixed. Instead of taking the two minutes I needed to repair it at the time, I set it aside and forgot about it. I found it again when I was looking for a necklace this weekend, and decided I'd been without it long enough.

After I finished the fix, I was looking for something else and stumbled upon the ingredients for this simple necklace. My favorite local bead shop had a Mother's Day bracelet event, and after making the bracelet, I purchased the supplies for a necklace in the same pattern.

I decided to make the necklace at home, and after more than three months, it's finally done. I really like it, but it's a bit longer than I'd prefer, so I'm debating on taking an inch or more off of the chain.

Below is a picture of the bracelet from the Mother's Day event with Swarovski pearls and crystals in
Montana. Then the chain bracelet that is my very favorite. I need to wear it again because it's starting to tarnish. And finally my new necklace. I can't remember the Swarovski colors I finally decided on. I'll look them up later.



Here's another shot of the necklace. Yet again breaking my one-picture-a-day rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment