Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 299

As a rare treat, I was able to do two beading projects in two days. This evening I took a class at my favorite local shop creating a metal worked pendant. This creation was inspired by the designer's neighbor's Wisteria vine. It was a really fun piece made by crushing light-weight, 34 gauge copper into the blossoms.

I really, really enjoyed this metal working technique. It was very organic and worked up nicely. I'm thrilled that I was able to complete the pendant during the class. I can't think of another metal worked class where I've walked away with the finished piece. I have so many nearly completed projects. I'm not counting the fact that I still have to make it into a necklace.

I was also very happy to discover that I already own nearly all of the tools to make this piece again in the future. I am certain I will be incorporating this technique into other pieces.

2 comments:

Just A Tish said...

This is FANTASTIC!
I love those little blossoms. your work is beautiful

Janeen said...

Thank you!! Wish I could take credit for the actual design, but I plan on using this technique for future designs.

Post a Comment