Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day 108

I was going to try to refrain from using this picture in my 365 today because I wanted to wait until I had completed it in a way I'm more excited about, but the reality of my life is that might not happen for several months. And, this is also by far the best thing I did today.

For the first time in I think probably about nine months, unless I'm forgetting something, I was able to take a jewelry class. My jewelry making partner in crime and I took a soldering class. I've been very interested in learning this technique for quite a while. It was really fun to learn, and while my finished product is not perfect, it is very organic. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to try this out again and incorporate it into some of my future jewelry pieces.

This particular pendant features my two boys - one on each side. The soldering process marred the photos I used a little, but I think it adds to the organic feel of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment