Friday, May 22, 2009

Day 142

In a rare feat, I managed to finish a book. But not only that, I read the entire thing in 2 days. I'll have to admit that it wasn't a challenging read at about 170 pages with big type and lots of pictures, but I'm still strangely pleased with myself. I feel like I accomplished something.

Anyway, the book was Carrie Fisher's Wishful Drinking. I don't know if I would say that I recommend it per se because her language is pretty crass and she doesn't hold anything back. But if you have an even moderate interest in her life, then I think you'll find it an enjoyable read. I liked her wit, humor, and ability to laugh at herself.

I'm kind of wishing I had been able to see her show a few months ago like I had wanted to, but checking the book out from the library was much less expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment