Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 147

For Christmas a couple of years ago, I asked for and was so excited to receive a specialized lens for my DSLR. The reading I did on it explained that it was a macro lens and was good for portrait photography. I put it on the camera for about a month, and for the life of me, I could not get it to do what I wanted. It has sat in my camera bag for over two years, and it's been bugging me.

Recently, I read a blog post about how to get blurry backgrounds. I was so excited to read about this because it's one of those things that's really nice to be able to do when you photograph children. They have this uncanny ability to be running in front of your unfolded laundry, their toys, and all sorts of other distracting things in their pictures.

As I read the post, I realized that I had this lens sitting around that would be perfect for this particular desire of blurry backgrounds. To practice my technique, I took the DSLR out to Paul's t-ball practice this afternoon and just played around with taking pictures. I'm really, really happy with the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment