Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 191

Today I did something I've never done before. I bought a pattern and yarn for a sweater, and it's not even for me!

My mom has been doing so much for us the last couple of weeks from lending us her washer, to running us to the airport at all hours of the night, to sitting at my house for hours on end waiting for repair people who never show up. I wanted to find a way to thank her, and I was a little bit stumped as to how to do it.

The boys and I went to a small town this morning and did some shopping. One of our stops was a yarn and embroidery shop. I was a little bit nervous about taking the boys in because a lot of yarn shops around here are quite cranky about kids, but this gal was super nice and helpful.

I was browsing around and not really sure what I was looking for when I happened upon this pattern book of fair isle sweaters. The cool thing was they had a yarn that's dyed to give the effect of a fair isle sweater without the ten different colors. I worked really hard trying to figure out how much yarn to get, but eventually settled on an amount that looked like it should work for at least three or four different patterns.

Now I hope my mom likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment