Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 201

When I was in high school, I used to go to the movies all the time. I was "up" on the latest movies and what was playing. In college and when we were first married, I wasn't able to go as often because there just wasn't a lot of extra money. But when we did want to go, it was a matter of deciding which movie to go see.

Since having kids, going to the movies is one of the rarest treats there is. I think it's right next to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep.

I knew when the Harry Potter movie was coming out that I really, really wanted to go. In the past, I've been able to go with a girlfriend, which is easier to arrange. But since the last movie, my husband has actually read all the books and wanted to go as well.

It's difficult to not feel guilty about asking for more grandma babysitting when she's been watching the kids more than normal with my husband out of town, but she was willing.

We were able to catch an evening show, and it was free thanks to my husband's school. He was given a couple of tickets as a thank you for chaperoning an event earlier in the school year.

Thanks to everyone who allowed me an evening to enjoy one of my very favorite pass times. And as a bonus there were about seven previews including one for New Moon coming out in November. I'll be at that movie too, so that'll be two movies for me this year! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment