Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 197

Better than a month ago one of my coworkers asked if I wanted some day lilies, and I thought, "why not?" Except I soon realized that he wasn't offering to plant them as well. So they sat in a bin by the side of the house for a while.

Before we went on vacation, I took them out of the bin (still in the 50 gallon garbage sack) and brought them to the back of the house where they'd get less sun. I soaked them down and hoped they'd still be alive when we got back.

This afternoon, I went to check on them, and was surprised to see that they're actually blooming. Talk about bloom where you're planted! Imagine how well they'd do if I put them in some dirt.

So I should plant them, but I don't make any guarantees that it'll be any time soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment